Minix XBMC 16.3 (20160911) tmdb and tvdb scraper fixes

#21
Brilliant ! I was experiencing issues for 1-2 weeks for new series. Thanks !!!

After having updated the addons, it works better. Title and plot are fixed, but the episode names is "incorrect". It shows a string of characters composed of the episode name and then some reference to the episode number and the image reference of the episode. No big issue though
 
Last edited:
#22
metadata.tvdb.com-2.1.7.zip
2020-05-21 1500 (2.5 hours ago)
3.2.5 [sic]
- Fixed episode title and plot not scraping

For reference metadata.tvdb.com-2.1.5 fix notes was
3.2.5 [sic]
- Fixed title and plot

I like the way the version numbers in the changelog is sort of for the leia version.

I'm sure I tested the 2.1.7 before posting here, and one of the shows I have in kodi was downloaded after I installed the updated addon and has the correct episode title. So I went and checked and the leia version has two additional updates after the 17th update (20th and 21st), the kodi forums has no easily found mention of further breaks so either this was broken in 2.1.5 and I was very fortunate or tvdb changed another thing after the 17th and the addon had to be updated again {shrug}.
 

Attachments

#23
Many thanks augur. With the 2.1.7 you posted yesterday, all is perfect, including the episode title and plot (y)(y)

And to answer your question, in my opinion they made another change after the 17th... Before it was the title of the show plus general plot that was broken but episode title was OK. After the name of the show was OK but episode name was no longer OK.

But all is fine now!
 
Last edited:
#24
Hello Augur, as other have said, thanks for the great work! :)(y)

However, I noticed that on some series/files, the plugin chokes, i.e. it spends a lot of time processing and finally exits to the main Android homescreen. I have no clue why, can't see anything special about those. Anybody else encountered the same?
 
#25
Hello Augur, as other have said, thanks for the great work! :)(y)

However, I noticed that on some series/files, the plugin chokes, i.e. it spends a lot of time processing and finally exits to the main Android homescreen. I have no clue why, can't see anything special about those. Anybody else encountered the same?
It isn't going to be the plugin, it either works for all or fails for all. 95% plus of the time when it's just some series/files the scraper has problems with it's due to user error or consequences of another error occurring.

If you want help you really, really need to provide a debug log of a failed scrape along with the name of the show/files (so we can ctrl-f) and post a link to it either on the kodi forums or reddit/r/kodi and hopefully someone will look at it. If you pm me a link wherever you post it I'll have a look. What I can tell you right now is that if it is taking a long time then it is having to wait on multiple time outs.
 
#26
Due to tmdb breaking artwork today (although it looks like it might be Cloudflares fault) here's a modified version of the just pushed update metadata.common.themoviedb.org-3.2.5.zip along with the latest versions of the other two in which the only changes were adding Belarusian and Estonian languages.

Confirmed it worked by changing the artwork for an existing movie.
 

Attachments

Top