Minix XBMC 16.3 (20160911) tmdb and tvdb scraper fixes

#21
Brilliant ! I was experiencing issues for 1-2 weeks for new series. Thanks !!!

After having updated the addons, it works better. Title and plot are fixed, but the episode names is "incorrect". It shows a string of characters composed of the episode name and then some reference to the episode number and the image reference of the episode. No big issue though
 
Last edited:
#22
metadata.tvdb.com-2.1.7.zip
2020-05-21 1500 (2.5 hours ago)
3.2.5 [sic]
- Fixed episode title and plot not scraping

For reference metadata.tvdb.com-2.1.5 fix notes was
3.2.5 [sic]
- Fixed title and plot

I like the way the version numbers in the changelog is sort of for the leia version.

I'm sure I tested the 2.1.7 before posting here, and one of the shows I have in kodi was downloaded after I installed the updated addon and has the correct episode title. So I went and checked and the leia version has two additional updates after the 17th update (20th and 21st), the kodi forums has no easily found mention of further breaks so either this was broken in 2.1.5 and I was very fortunate or tvdb changed another thing after the 17th and the addon had to be updated again {shrug}.
 

Attachments

#23
Many thanks augur. With the 2.1.7 you posted yesterday, all is perfect, including the episode title and plot (y)(y)

And to answer your question, in my opinion they made another change after the 17th... Before it was the title of the show plus general plot that was broken but episode title was OK. After the name of the show was OK but episode name was no longer OK.

But all is fine now!
 
Last edited:
#24
Hello Augur, as other have said, thanks for the great work! :)(y)

However, I noticed that on some series/files, the plugin chokes, i.e. it spends a lot of time processing and finally exits to the main Android homescreen. I have no clue why, can't see anything special about those. Anybody else encountered the same?
 
#25
Hello Augur, as other have said, thanks for the great work! :)(y)

However, I noticed that on some series/files, the plugin chokes, i.e. it spends a lot of time processing and finally exits to the main Android homescreen. I have no clue why, can't see anything special about those. Anybody else encountered the same?
It isn't going to be the plugin, it either works for all or fails for all. 95% plus of the time when it's just some series/files the scraper has problems with it's due to user error or consequences of another error occurring.

If you want help you really, really need to provide a debug log of a failed scrape along with the name of the show/files (so we can ctrl-f) and post a link to it either on the kodi forums or reddit/r/kodi and hopefully someone will look at it. If you pm me a link wherever you post it I'll have a look. What I can tell you right now is that if it is taking a long time then it is having to wait on multiple time outs.
 
#26
Due to tmdb breaking artwork today (although it looks like it might be Cloudflares fault) here's a modified version of the just pushed update metadata.common.themoviedb.org-3.2.5.zip along with the latest versions of the other two in which the only changes were adding Belarusian and Estonian languages.

Confirmed it worked by changing the artwork for an existing movie.
 

Attachments

#29
I'm glad others still find this useful, it's highly unlikely I'll install a newer version of xbmc for minix or kodi on this box, the firmware/hardware is a bit too dated now.

My minix U1 is still my daily driver for 1080p content and runs 24/7 to feed Yatse, so I can watch TV in bed on my tablet. It works well and is incredibly stable and only draws a few watts on idle so why upgrade. I do have a Vero 4k+ for 2160p hdr films on my 55" LG OLED but I'm holding out deciding whether to migrate everything until it's on a stable Linux 4.9 kernal that includes MaxFALL/MaxCLL and HLG HDR support and what the outfall is wrt tvdb going subscription only in October.

What that all means is that I will catch tvdb breaking within a few days to a week, but if tmdb breaks it could be weeks before I notice and get the latest versions so if it breaks someone reply to this thread and I'll get an email and go get them and post patched versions within a day or two. I can literally do all three within 10 minutes, 15 if I test they install from zip before posting them.
 
#30

Attachments

#34
For anyone who gets the error Unable to connect to remote server it's because tvdb have de-authorised the api key in the addon.

I'm going to wait a day or two to see if they re-authorise it because just editing the stored api key isn't enough, it's also cached in the kodi database for new episode additions, essentially you might have to either refresh affected shows or your entire library or edit your MyVideos99.db file.

Anyone who want to fix their addon themselves follow the instructions at the beginning but extract the tvdb.xml file then do a search and replace on
439DFEBA9D3059C6 to 1D62F2F90030C444
I got the older 1D62F2F90030C444 from the kodi wiki page
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_TVDB
So I'm fairly certain it's an official api key
Alternatively the kodi 19 tvdb python version has the api key d60d3c015fdb148931e8254c0e96f072
It ought to work but I haven't tried it.
 
#35
A kodi dev reached out to tvdb and...

TVDB have responded.

TVDB had performed another API clean out a few hours ago. Unfortunately our API was cleaned out.

The API has been reinstated, and should take about 15 minutes to become active again.
Everything is working again.
:rolleyes:
 

Website:http://minix.com.hk
Facebook:  facebook.com/minixtech
Telegram Channel: t.me/minix_channel
Telegram Group:    t.me/minix_group

Top